Now, you might be wondering about what the ios engineer job description looks like.
If you are looking for iOS developers then this is the right place to hire. Have a look at all the aspects you need to consider for smart hiring.
Contact us to get instant access to skilled developers and managers, hire remotely and build remote teams to speed up the work.
iOS Engineer Job Description
iOS developer jobs include designing and writing the code for applications that run on iOS or the Apple platform. ios application developers use two languages used to write that are Swift and Objective-C. Good iOS developers are proficient with either of the two languages. Apart from that they are also required to know specific language frameworks, mobile app design principles, and UX+UX design standards.
If you are designing an ios developer job description then ensure you include development requirements in it. Knowledge of APIs is a must because sooner or later they will have to use one. Familiarity with cloud services and offline storage is necessary if you are looking for an iPhone application developer.
iOS app developers should be comfortable reading other developers’ code because during the job they will be reading others’ code much more than writing their own. Plus, they should be proficient in writing and maintaining robust and scalable iOS code. Familiarity with Xcode is a must to ace an ios developer job.
iOS Developer Roles and Responsibilities
What else does an ios developer job description include? Looking at the following iOS developer roles and responsibilities you can have a better and clear understanding of everything these professionals have to do.
- Write, maintain, and modify Swift or Objective-C code
- Design and code iOS applications
- Write applications for different Apple platforms like iPhone, smart watch, etc.
- Interact with different teams for design and code collaboration
- Ensure code’s security and quality across different iOS versions
- Ensure application’s responsibility across different size devices
- Find and fix bugs and loopholes
- Convert client or business requirements to features
Skills Required for the job
Depending on the job and project requirements, the iOS engineer’s job description and skills required can change.
- Experience working with Swift or Objective-C
- Knowledge and experience of working with required programming language frameworks
- Information of how to work with offline and cloud storage
- Know how to connect backend with API services
- Familiarity with latest Apple’s development guidelines and principles
- Familiarity with latest design standards and UI/UX standards
- Up-to-date with design principles published by Apple
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Experience with improving application’s performance
- In-depth understanding of benchmark optimization for app
- Hands-on with SVN, Git or other code versioning software or tools