There was a problem with the app’s performance and the client was dissatisfied with the previous development company since the main functionality of the app i.e. messaging was not working seamlessly and the app was plagued with performance problems.
In addition to modifying the existing codebase, the client wanted to add the App to the Store once the performance issues had been resolved. After reviewing the code, it was found that the app’s core functionality i.e. messaging was not working properly and that it was performing poorly.
Also, we discovered that their previous vendor was not able to create a stable Fhtech app and uploaded it to the App Store with several other errors:
- Backend infrastructure issues restricted users from interacting smoothly.
- Due to multi-threading issues, the app used to hang for several seconds.
- Memory leaks caused the app to crash randomly.
- There were several bugs in the app, including issues with the ‘last seen’ feature.
Enhanced backend infrastructure with Websockets
WebSocket is a powerful technology that makes it possible to open a two-way interactive communication session between the client (the iOS app in our example) and the server.
The previous development company used Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) as the only method of delivering messages. APNS, however, sometimes delays or does not deliver messages at all.
Our backend experts suggested using Websockets. We used the Websocket client on the Ftech application in order to integrate Websockets and used ActionCable to integrate Websockets into the backend system.
As a result, we enhanced the app infrastructure and made it possible for the users of Fhetch to chat with each other seamlessly without any delays.
Utilized our technical expertise to make the app stable
There were severe performance issues with the app, such as freezing for several seconds and abrupt crashes. It resulted in a negative user experience.
We identified and resolved the performance issues as well as the memory issues that were causing the app to freeze. To identify and resolve memory leaks and threading issues, we used tools like ‘instruments’ and ‘memory graph debugger’. As a result we were able to provide users with a stable and fluid user experience.
It was possible for us to catch and fix those random app crashes because of Firebase crashlytics and TestFlight integration. There have been no crashes reported for years by the client.
We fixed the client’s pain points with our industry expertise, world-class team, and refined agile development and design thinking processes. We were given the go-ahead to do the needful and publish the app on the Apple App Store by the client right after the solutions were proposed.
- This app is now available on the App Store and offers fluid and crash-free chatting.
- Adding new features to a stable and expandable base product is easy.
- We have been working with this client for over two years.
- Increased adoption of applications.
- Crash-free chat app published
- Fundemental features covered
- Hike in app adoption rate
Key features of the app
- Ability to send text messages, photos, and videos with end to end encryption.
- Request a live photo from anyone.
- Add captions to photos and videos.
- Send photos and videos with fewer taps than any other app.
- No need for username, email or password. Just your phone number and you’re all set!
Users can send and receive photos with one tap of a button and communicate with their loved ones! Take a look at it now.
App Store Link: Download Now
We are constantly adding new features, such as audio messages and reply options too.
More Related Case Study
We provide tips and advice on delivering excellent customer service, engaging your customers, and building a customer-centric business.
You Might Have Questions
We are here for you!