Team span: June 2015 to August 2016
Duration: 1 Year and 2 Months
Technology: Core PHP, Laravel 5 framework
Development Manager: Mobeen Zafar
Engineer: Usman Mahmood
Reason for closure: Successful Project Completion
vteam #538 was hired to work on a project concerned with the manufacturing industry and focused on all types of construction materials such as wood, metal, concrete, steel, windows, doors, shades, etc. The main concept of the client’s site was to provide manufacturing companies with a single platform where they could sign-up and list their details for free. These members (users) would then be able to list their products or sales representatives if they upgraded to a paid premium package.
The client’s website had previously been developed in core PHP and was poorly organized. It was decided that starting from scratch with a new framework would be more feasible and PHP framework Laravel 5 was selected.
The first month was dedicated to the application structure for the project being developed from scratch. In the early stages, it was important to keep in mind the scalability and expansion of the project and the various modules which client had outlined. A Modular approach was followed, in the application, to keep elements clear and manageable.
In the very first few weeks, the client was quite happy with the progress of the application, specifically the site admin module which was primarily built before the front-end was started.
This was followed by the phase laying down building blocks of the application. The following modules were developed:
- Site Admin: Admin can create, modify and delete divisions, sections, products, users and other objects in the application.
- Divisions/Sections: These two modules refer to the category levels in the project.
- Users (Architects & Manufacturers): This module handles all the data management of users and their activities. It is coupled with ‘Architects’ and ‘Manufacturers’ modules for login management.
- Products: This module handles all the data management of products and their specifications.
- Sales Representatives: This module handles all the data management of sales representatives and their data sharing with other modules.
- Groups: This module is the heart of the application where architects can communicate with each other, share documents, files and media. It is a private group and can only be joined by invitation of the group owner. Includes other functions such as add group events, invite members, etc.
- Favorites: This module lets the user add manufacturers, products and sales reps to a favorites list.
Gradually, the application matured and all the modules required for this application were completed.
Close coordination with the client over the course of the project, on a daily basis, was one of the major factors contributing to the success of this application. The client also extended his services to take on UI/UX and Network Support services.