Team Span: February 2012 to August 2013
Duration: 1 Year & 6 Months
Development Manager: Isaac Muhammad
Engineers: Khizar Hayat, Ajmal Tahir
Reason for closure: Projects Completed
Client had an application developed in ASP.Net Web forms and SQL Server and wanted to hire services for support (bug fixes) and mainly for some enhancements in the application. Team started with Khizar Hayat on Feb 26, 2012 with a 3 day free trial. Client was very happy with our processes and performance of Khizar but it couldn’t last long as Khizar passed away on March 20, 2012. Client conveyed his deepest condolences over the sad demise of a young developer. We only had senior engineers available in our pool, at that time, so couldn’t offer a junior programmer as a replacement right away but Client was willing to wait and asked us to share a junior engineer as soon as available for his needs. On May 7, 2012, team resumed again with another junior programmer, Ajmal Tahir.
CustomerLoyaltyRewards offer automobile dealerships with a software that allows them to give their customers a reward for using their services or purchasing an automobile from them. Most dealerships pay their customers back a percentage on the dollar amount. This system calculates the amount and provides the dealer’s customers with the ability to check their balance and make contact information changes. System displays different options based on the user roles including System Administrator, Dealer Group Administrator, Dealer Administrator, Dealer, and Customer. Dealers pull the customer’s transactions information via CSV files to the system on daily bases. These transactions details are available to the users of the system depending on the user roles.
Following are the major tasks/fixes as performed by Ajmal.
- Automated the process of generating .CSV file from Raw Data Files.
- Fixed the issues of parsing the .CSV files for dealership.
- Speed up the Reporting.
- Added the Free Oil Changes Feature.
- Added the Loader for customers contact information.
- Fixed the issue of incorrect process of expire points of the customers.
- Fixed the issue of Duplicate RO Number for more than one customer on same dealership.
- Fixed the Key Tag Order Email Sending issue.
- Setup and configured the new production server on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Restructured the existing application and removed duplication/redundancy in the code.
- Suggested development of application in latest .Net framework from scratch for better UI and maintenance/support perspective.
- Worked on the migration of application to the N-Layer structure with ASP.Net MVC 4.0 and Entity Framework 5.0.
Ajmal worked in CustomerLoyaltyRewards for almost one year and four months. Client appreciated Ajmal many times, also approved his revision, based on his performance in the team effective from July 2013. vteam #329 completed all the tasks/bug fixes and major enhancements required by Client. He asked us to release Ajmal and close his team on Project completion. He also mentioned that he had a good experience with vteams and expressed confidence to return as soon as need comes up.